MD SULTAN ALAM

workbench cimplicity Change Management LogIn(lost password

9 posts in this topic

I cant able to make any changes on the points (datatype from INT to DINT) on cimplicity workbench  everything thing is greyout!!

i checked and found that the workbench has a change management logOn option asking to logon!

Which asks for user name and password!!

And No one here Now has the user name or its password!!

what to do now on such cases , Also on doing modifications on logic developer validating project generates error  may be due to mismatch data type of that associated point on workbench.

IMG_20170926_000107_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170926_000010_HDR.jpg

Actually i was working on getting the 32bit large data by 2-16bit consecutive addresses and doing little convertion of adding high order and low order datas to get my energy kwh readings which is greater than what a 16bit data can holds.

But on validating it generates error code 10808, may be i have to change the data type of my kwh output from workbench too??

But workbench is logoff , asks for Management logOn!

Edited by MD SULTAN ALAM

If you are getting an error when validating a project in Proficy Machine Edition, it is not because of a mismatch in data types between PME and Cimplicity. Proficy has no way of knowing that there exists a Cimplicity project with links to its variables.

Does my preExisting point(ACT_ENRG_IM) having INT_16bit property will able to put 8digits long interger value on cim screen?

Edited by MD SULTAN ALAM

If you are using absolute addresses such as %R, it is possible to create multiple variables assigned to the same address. Thus you can create a DINT variable assigned to %R00001 and two INT variables assigned to %R00001 an %R00002.

The error you cited in your revision to your earlier post lists a type mismatch as one of the possible causes.

I hope I am interpreting your questions properly.

But what about Management LogOn..? :(

I am under the impression that in addition to having problems with change management in Cimplicity, you have had problems making changes to a PLC target using Proficy Machine Edition. Furthermore you have assumed that your problems in Proficy Machine Edition were related to the change management issue in Cimplicity. I have been trying to tell you that your problems with Proficy Machine Edition and those with Cimplicity are not related.

I have no advice to offer regarding the change management issue with Cimplicity other than suggesting you make an effort to contact the person who originally put the password in place.

Thanks a Lot Sir Steve Bailey you were always here to assist Us!

But Can Anyone figure Out what i am doing wrong that not letting me to display 32bit data.

I have checked the satec PM130EH MFM meter modbus register manual, found there two sets of 16bit scaled energy counters/registers one is lowOrder & other is highOrder.

And done a Conversion for getting the desired output without altering any variable's data type(as on doing so it generates error10808) and validate my project which generates no error but on uploading data to GE IP controller .. Nothing fruitful happens on cim HMI screen.

Steve Bailey as you have previously assisted me ..on how to get 32bit data from 16bit registers, i have attached pics of LD on which i have made some changes (and i have 4days left for activating PME thats Y iam able to do modifications!)

Is i am getting it totally wrong??

32bit method.jpg

changes.jpg

overall.jpg

Edited by MD SULTAN ALAM

Why don't you start at the beginning and tell us what you are trying to accomplish.

What is the PLC's role and what is Cimplicity's role?

Which device is reading the data from the Satec meter?

You may not have to do any conversions on the data you receive from the Satec meter, but in order for the receiving device to interpret the data properly you need to know the expected format.

When you define a variable in Proficy Machine Edition as a 32-bit signed integer, you are defining how you will interpret the pattern of ones and zeroes over those 32 bits. If you define the variable as a 32-bit REAL value, you are defining a different way of interpreting the same 32 bits. The receiving device needs to use the same interpretation as the sending device to make any sense of the data.