Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IlFincoITA

OMRON J1000 - EMERGENCY CIRCUIT BEST PRACTICE

6 posts in this topic

Hi! With the emergency circuit I usually power off all the outputs and for motors I power off the main circuit. Powering off the main circuit of an Inverter it is not a good way. I'm just wondering how do you implement the J1000 inverter into your emergency circuit. Could you share your best practice? I've seen that there is an external fail input but this is not a safe input right?

Edited by IlFincoITA

8 hours ago, IlFincoITA said:

Hi! With the emergency circuit I usually power off all the outputs and for motors I power off the main circuit. Powering off the main circuit of an Inverter it is not a good way. I'm just wondering how do you implement the J1000 inverter into your emergency circuit. Could you share your best practice? I've seen that there is an external fail input but this is not a safe input right?

J1000 is a very old model @_@

There is no Safe Input implemented in this Inverter so your best bet is to use the External Fail input, which will trip the motor if triggerred.

I Think that the external Fail input will not cover the sefty required for any machine. The only possibility here is to power off the Inverter with the emergency circuit. Thanks guys...

On 9/28/2017 at 1:22 PM, IlFincoITA said:

I Think that the external Fail input will not cover the sefty required for any machine. The only possibility here is to power off the Inverter with the emergency circuit. Thanks guys...

Yep, it will not.
You need to be careful tho. The mechanism of your machine might need a braking system for the motor should sudden power shutdown occurred.

I'm thinking to use a contactor under the Inverter... the run command is interlocked by the emergncy circuit so when the emergengy goes off the contactor opens and no power is feed to the motor even if the Inverter is on...

But motor moves with inertia, you need good emergency breaking systém (see innoaloe ). It is better to use inverter with 2 channel emergency function.