LD_M

NS HMI - Write Address and Display Address

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have mostly worked with NB hmi, and just about to start doing NS hmi.

I would like to ask you, what is the difference between the write address and the display address ( on/off button ).  I am reading the NS series getting started guide ( pdf ), and my understanding to this is;  The write address is for any host plc memory address, while the display address is, if you select the HMi internal / system memory address. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.  ( Sorry for asking a very basic question )

Appreciate if you could point me to any link / pdf files, in order to read more about the NS hmi.

Cheers.

The Write and the Display addresses can be either Host PLC or HMI Internal. In most cases you'll be communicating with the PLC so a typical example would be Write address HOST3:W1.0 (maybe a Start Push Button). Then the Display address HOST3:W2.0 (maybe feedback for a Running Condition). The Display Address will change the Color/Shape of the button from its OFF state to its ON state when the machine is Running.

The Write and Display addresses can be the same if you choose. In this case the Color/Shape would change only when the button is pressed.

I think the Getting Started Guide is good. I find the NS is much easier to use than the NB. You can also do Integrated PLC-PT Simulation which works very well.