NgoHoang

Upload Program Option

5 posts in this topic

Dear all!

Now I program PLC Mitsubishi Q06UDV CPU.

When I read data from PLC to PC, GX-Work2 not display option for Program (Only Comment, Parameter... Pic.2) but Write to PLC have alot Option.

Could you tell me, How to Read from PLC my Program? I don't know chose it where?

Thanks and best regard!

Capture.JPG

Capture_01.JPG

Most likely because you haven't written a program to the PLC yet. The "Read" function checks for files in the CPU before giving you any options...

Hi!

I tested some case and I found:

- If you write to PLC by LADDER language, you can read the program that you are downloaded.

- If you write to PLC by ST language, you can not chose Program to read. You only can read LADDER program before you download ST programe

That is my result tested. 

Any more ideas, pls send it to me

Edited by NgoHoang

I've just tested with the latest version: I'm starting to wonder if it's a bug in GW2. I cannot upload any programs at all only parameters and devices etc. I will do some more testing and post results, please inform us if you make it work @NgoHoang!

OK, figured it out:

The "problem" is that when we are using Project Type = Structured Project, you need to select the checkbox "Download Symbolic Data". This is not very good in my opinion since Symbolic Data takes up quite much space in the storage memory (no problem with the runtime RAM, but there is a limitation on how much data can be stored in the storage memory). Hopefully you have enough space, one alternative can be to purchase a memory cassette and download only the symbolic information there...

Anyway, just select "Download Symbolic Data" and you can upload it anytime again. Note that you can then upload the original project with structured code (instead of the old IL way).