Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themoonlight

Homing Axis help required!

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have the following system and need your advice and thought on how to do homing for this system, it is not hard thing but for me it is because this is the first time i work with motion and therefore your support will be really helpful.

I have guard logix controller with Power flex 527 drive with its incremental encoder, Absolute encoder 842E-CM-M those connected via Ethernet switch and two proxy sensors connected to Point IO DI safety used to confirm homing is done.

what I need to do, is to figure out what is homing procedure for this system, I read through MAH instruction and it is possible to use it if I have limit switch connected to Drive DI ch1 which will need to configured for home, but I dont have this limit switch.

is there any alternative way to do the homing? 

We will actually home to a position. Meaning we use home immediatly or something similar. We put the axis where we want it, and perform the homing sequence. This will then say that the position you are in, is the new 0 position. 

But you said you have 2 sensors hooked to verify the homing is done. Why not use one of those for your home switch? 

Thanks, for your response. I cant change the design right now.

Now I just want to now how to define the homing position for this system by getting advantage of the absolute encoder to initialize my homing?