tom_b_ie

EtherCAT Festo CTEU-EC

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an NJ with 14 EtherCAT Slaves. 4 of them are Festo CTEU-EC. Once these are connected I am unable to compare and merge with network as node "node address out of Range", when I try and "write slave address" I can see they are all 0 even though they are set with different addresses. the ESI file I am using is (Festo CTEU-EtherCAT Modular v6).

Has anybody had this problem?

Are you setting node address in program or on device dip switches? If I remember correctly they can only be set with 4-bit address with dip switches. Keep in mind that if you write address from sysmac you would have to cycle power to device for changes to take effect.

Its been a while since last time I set it up, but I will try look at it tomorrow.

Hi,

Could not wait untill tomorrow...

Just checked the program to an installation I did a couple of months ago. it was also revision 6 but I set address from Sysmac. I had no problem getting communication up and merging with all 3 CTEU modules went fine too. I set it up with dip switches previously with this manual: https://www.festo.com/net/SupportPortal/Files/326245/CTEU-EC_2012-08_575401g1.pdf

Skjermbilde_CTEU-EC dip.PNG

thanks for getting back

Festo Came back to me Omron Sysmac Studio can not read Fest DIL switchs and the address has to be written to the module through sysmac studio.