Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bboytaktix

1756-OF6CI output card - broken wire signal or equivalent?

2 posts in this topic

Good afternoon Mr.PLC forum members.

We recently had a fuse blow on the wiring between a 1756-OF6CI analog out card and a control valve (which we have no feedback for - only the 0-100% output). Took a little longer to troubleshoot since we have no feedback and we also don't monitor individual channel status of the card. For input cards (1756-IF8H or IF16H), it's easy enough to use the under-range/over-range or broken wire signal to troubleshoot a blown fuse or bad connection, and activate an alarm. I have been told by our local consultant-technician that there is an equivalent monitoring bit for output cards. Reading the instruction manual for the 1756-I/O cards, the fault channel bits do not seem to have this type of function for the 1756-OF6CI. The fault bits only seem to look at the requested output values, and at the connection between card and PLC itself as far as I can tell.  Am I missing something?

thanks for your help

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I think the easiest way to see if the 1756-OF6CI card has the fault bits you want is to add it to your RSLogix project and then look at the Controller Tags and see what is available for this card. See screenshot below, I added this module to a sample RSLogix5000 project and then looked at what is available in the Controller Tags for this module (Local:1 in my project). Hope this helps.

Untitled1.png

Edited by AndrewG