Ong

RC servo motor sg90

5 posts in this topic

I new to the Cx-programmer. I'm facing a problem where i need make the servo motor go to certain direction and stop at the direction until other signal is sensed. Is there any instruction which can be used to do the ladder diagram? is it using PWM instruction? Is my servo motor (sg90) suitable for PLC ? do i need motor driver for this servo motor? or i just have to connect to the PLC 5v ?

Im using CJ1M CPU21 PLC module. Im doing a sorting system project that use the servo motor to slide the item to certain angle. 

servo.JPG

Edited by Ong

The PLC is not typically used to drive 5V motors.  You need to provide more specs on the motor before anyone can help.  I have no idea what an SG90 is, who made it, or the specifications.  Without details on the hardware, we can't begin to recommend a PLC solution.

We also need to know what PLC and if applicable, which PLC modules are being used....

If this is for industrial use, I would recommend finding a more durable servo motor. You would probably need some sort of driver to control it.

If this is for a hobby, I would recommend using an Arduino to control this servo. You can connect it directly to the outputs of this microcontroller.

sorry for the insufficient information given... i have update the servo motor detail :)