Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cosmin

Motor Mov instruction

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Im stuck on my college project. Im using a CP1H to program my system using ladder logic.

Basically I have a conveyor with a small object on it. The conveyor is powered by a motor which needs to be working until the object on the conveyor reaches a sensor.

The motor needs to be powered by the sensor. When an object is not detected by the sensor the conveyor keeps moving

and the opposite.

Is the motor just an On/off output, or do you need to send pulses to it (stepper or servo motor)?  Do you have a start and stop button?

Its a stepper motor a NEMA 23 stepper motor (need to send pulses) and yes I've both a start and stop push button

Edited by Cosmin

So when you press the start button you want to enable a pulse output until you press stop button or the sensor is activated.

I don't know the CP1 that well, but I am sure there is a command for a high speed pulse output, assuming your unit has transistor outputs not relays.

You could do a standard stop start latching circuit that only unlatches if the stop is pressed, or if the photo eye is blocked.  Using the leading edge of the latch bit, turn on the ACC command with a one shot.  Using the trailing edge, turn on the INI instruction to stop output immediately, or if a deceleration is required, trigger another acc command target frequency of 0.  There is an example of doing nearly (increases speed when second event happens instead of going to 0) the same thing in the help file (at the bottom of the help) for the ACC command in CX-Programmer.  Go to Help pulldown -> Instruction Reference -> CP1H/CP1L Series.  Then type ACC in the search field.