retry92

Counting pulses from encoder on FX5

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have Kubler incremental encoder, it has 3 outputs(a,b,z) and 4096 pulses per one rotation. My plc is mitsubishi FX5U-32M. Encoder is connected to X2(A) and X3(B) input, Z channel is not connected. When I use simple counter(not HIOEN) its only adding impulses, no matter if rotating forward or reverse and I know that its the way how simple FBm counter work but I want to make something else. I need to know position of enginge shaft based on encoder pulses from 0 to 4096. Can somenone give me a hint how to make it work ? 

Greetings, 

Paul :)

Hello,
It is necessary to set the type of signals to be read. This is suggested in the picture. In our case, the fast counter will be two-phase with the A and B signals.

Greetings,

K. Raykov

High Speed Counter.jpg

Edited by kraykov

Hi kraykov ! Thanks for your reply.

I have allready set it propely(I think), but what to do next ? I have a problem with write a proper program to count the position. I mean, where and how can I observe it ? 

Greetings, 

Paul

Hello retry92,
This is an simple example of reading the current counter value. Phase A and B of the encoder are connected to the first two inputs.

The best regards,

K. Raykov

Test_read value encoder.gx3

Thank you kraykov, I will test it tomorrow. But I think it should be SD4530(not SD4500) becouse encoder is connected to X2 and X3, not X0 and X1 :) ? 

Best regards,

Paul :)

On 2017-08-31 at 10:57 PM, kraykov said:

Hello retry92,
This is an simple example of reading the current counter value. Phase A and B of the encoder are connected to the first two inputs.

The best regards,

K. Raykov

Test_read value encoder.gx3

can i get code. im trying to connect fast counter to x2.