Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DRQ

Siemens SIMATIC S7-1200 connection problems

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I will be starting on my MSc in automation in a couple of days so for that reason i have obtained a S7-1200 series 1211AC/DC/RLY PLC.
This is a new area for me as i have been working in offshore since i graduated from my BSc a couple of years ago.

I watched some Youtube tutorials on how the programming is done and i am ready to try it out for myself, but i have encountered a little problem.

Problem:

I am using the X1 P1 PROFINET (LAN) port as a connection to my PC, this turns the Green Link light on and the Rx/Tx lights blinks orange.

Now to the problem, i cannot connect to the PLC through the TIA portal, no matter what settings and connection types i use in the PG/PC interface box.

I have had no luck finding leturature adressing how to configure the PC/software and get a connection to the PLC.

Do any of you have a PDF or link which can help me through this problem? 

Hardware:

S7-1200 series 1211AC/DC/RLY

6ES7 211-BE40-0XB0

S C-J5PN 1614 2017

FS:05

Software:

TIA Portal Version 13

STEP 7 Professional V13

WinCC Basic V13

Thanks

Best regards

Dennis

The virus scan of your computer can cause the connection problem.

When you try to connect to the plc using "accesible devices", before you asigned an ip adres, the virusscan might block the connection. Disabling the virusscan might help.

You can also load the project to a Siemens SD card and program the PLC like this the first time. Once the plc has an IP adress connecting is ussualy easier.

The tool Proneta (free) can also help to give the device an IP adres and Profinet name.