Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dipen_95

Kinetex 5500 Servo Drive Vertical Load

3 posts in this topic

I am currently using a Kinetex 5500 Servo Drive with a VPL Motor and its has vertical load attached to it. My problem is even after setting my Brake Enagaged time to 0.01s it drops like a dime. I had made sure that I kept my Servo STO enable for 5 second before MSO is shutoff and MSF is engaged.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Attached is an action parameter settings for brake control.

SV.PNG

Is the brake physically engaging?  Put a multimeter on the brake circuit and verify when it is engaging.  A digital camera and and a partner may be needed.

Your stopping action is Decel & Disable, the same action for a number of faults (Lost Controller Connection, Motor Thermal Overload, etc.).  One would expect the stopping action to be correct.  Is it possible that your servo motor is not sized properly to stop and hold the load in the short span of time?  Is your machine design team using Motion Analyzer?

The "MechanicalBrakeEngageDelay" parameter determins the amount of time that the servo drive should keep torque on the motor while the mechanical brake engages. It does not determin how much time the mechanical brake actually uses to engage.

You should raise the time, ive heard somewhere that most mechanical brakes in AB servoes uses about 200-250ms to engage.

Try to raise the engage delay time.