Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Kaisa

Large Reliance DC Drive

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, I need large Reliance/AB dc drive for 2500 HP, 600 VDC DC motor. How to get the specification? Thanks James

The 1395 drive gets that big. You can see the drive at this address: http://www.ab.com/drives/1395/index.html You can get local A-B sales office phone numbers from the www.ab.com website. I think this application will get their attention. For large drive systems, I work with Rockwell's "LDS" business, which has a lot of former Reliance drive engineers in it. What are you moving with that monster motor ?

We want to replace old analog DC drive. We have a lot of Reliance Flexpak 3000, and we want to using flexpak 3000 to replace old drive. We never used 1395 dc drive and we doesn't know the performance of the drive.

I thought that ordinary FlexPak drives get as big as 600 horsepower, with the very biggest around 1500 HP. You specified 2500 horsepower. If you already have a lot of FlexPak drives, then you probably know the name and phone number of your Reliance salesman. Maybe he can help you choose a Reliance or A-B drive for your application. A 2500 horsepower drive isn't really something you just choose out of a catalog.