cHud

CX- one Install /uninstall issues

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

Running windows 7 64bit and last week on cx-programmer it started crashing when trying to open project files. I could create new ones but not open 70% of my projects. I tried some tips i found on the web but nothing worked. I then proceeded to uninstall cx-one (I did use the cx-one removal utility). Now when I try to reinstall cx one I get an installer error.This happens at the start while the omron logo is still showing and progress bar is saying "preparing to install". I have tried everything microsoft suggests with this error but cannot get it installed. All other softwares are working and I do not update my windows automatically. I only installed this version of cx-one about 3 months ago with no problem at all. BTW this is Cx-one v4 That I have an ISO for and mount it to a virtual drive from where i start the installer

Any advice?

cx-one.JPG

What version is your ISO file?  4.what?

Did you run the install as an administrator, or right click and select Run as Administrator?

Do you have an antivirus installed?  Can you disable it for the install?

Hi Crossbow

I have v4.4 iso. As said this installed a couple of months ago no problem. 

I have run it in both methods. Right click admin and by selecting run as admin in the files properties.

Have also disabled kaspersky when running this file. 

Actually I dont get this error after running the setup. I get this error when force closing the idriver process (which makes sense). But nothing happens after running this file. I left it now for 1 hour and nothing opens or seems to be installing after the omron logo pops up and system prepares to install.

The only thing I installed a week before this started happening was the Siemens starter package. I wonder if this might cause some conflict. Gonna uninstall the siemens package and test

Running out of Ideas here. Do cx-programmer and cx-designer serial comms work well through a virtual machine?

2 hours ago, cHud said:

Running out of Ideas here. Do cx-programmer and cx-designer serial comms work well through a virtual machine?

Yes they do. In fact I was going to suggest that after reviewing your install issue. I use VM Ware running Win 7 Pro. I'm able to use the USB to Serial adaptors with no issue. In the past I've used a physical serial port with Win XP.