Miften

FX5UC and TCP Modbus Communication

5 posts in this topic

Good Day,

Does anyone have any expirience with use of build in ethernet port in FX5UC cpu for Modbus TCP/IP communication?

I was told by my Mitsubishi dealer that it is possible.

I found its configuration page in GX Works 3 but the manuals does not cover this topic for me clearly what and where I need to setup it.

Im stuck at the beggining and canoot move forward, does anyone have any example program where it has been working? I have a project where I use build in RS485 Modbus to talk to slaves, and I need to use TCP Modbus to communicate with Master system.

I would be gratefull for any help.

I'm not sure if the built-in Ethernet port of the FX5U can act as a ModbusTCP Server ("slave"). I thought it only operated as a Client ("master") using the Pre-Defined protocol function.

It could of course be that the functionality is bult-in be default in the port. Have you tested if you can get a connection to the Ethernet port by it's IP address, using a Modbus tool of some sort?

Thank you for the reply.

We did not manage to get any connection from any Modbus simulator. I have contacted my dealer and they have ready to use function blocks for it. Then it seems possible to do.

Great. If "allowable" by your dealer, it would be great if they could share or you could upload the FB's... Probably others who will need this functionality.