graemeian

Fatal Error?

15 posts in this topic

On my CJ1M/CPU13 PLC I am getting the steady red led at ERR/ALM

A fatal error has occurred (including FALS instruction execution), or a hardware
error (watchdog timer error) has occurred.

I have two of these that were taken from decommissioned equipment and they both give the same error.

It looks like I have deleted the code and now I am down to two lines to keep it simple.

section1

P_1s__________________________________________________________________Q: 3.03

Section2

_________________________________________________________________________END(001)

I get code 0x80CE  IO bus error

I get this error when I power on.

13 hours ago, graemeian said:

On my CJ1M/CPU13 PLC I am getting the steady red led at ERR/ALM

A fatal error has occurred (including FALS instruction execution), or a hardware
error (watchdog timer error) has occurred.

I have two of these that were taken from decommissioned equipment and they both give the same error.

It looks like I have deleted the code and now I am down to two lines to keep it simple.

section1

P_1s__________________________________________________________________Q: 3.03

Section2

_________________________________________________________________________END(001)

I get code 0x80CE  IO bus error

This error can mean either :
1. You don't put the End Cover properly, or the End Cover is damaged (there is a PCB there)
2. The IO-Table of the PLC was set on the previous machine (for additional slots like IO, communication unit, anything), but you removed it from the PLC and not yet doing resetting of the IO-Table

I assume you pull off other things connected to the PLC. Related to your "Clearing Memory" post I saw here too, you can open the menu PLC --> Clear all Memory Areas to delete all settings previously done. Regarding IO Table, you also need to open the IO Table and Unit Setup on the left of CX-Programmer, then go to menu Options --> Delete to clear the previous settings. All this need to be done when you're Online to the PLC and the PLC is in Stop/Program Mode

After that you just need to Transfer again all settings done, including the new IO-Table settings.

Edited by innoaloe

Thank you very much innoaloe. You are a PLC saver. I now have an LED/relay switching at 1 Hz. (The Hello World for PLCs, I guess) What a start! I will be driving solenoids soon.

1 hour ago, graemeian said:

Thank you very much innoaloe. You are a PLC saver. I now have an LED/relay switching at 1 Hz. (The Hello World for PLCs, I guess) What a start! I will be driving solenoids soon.

Good to hear that. CJ1M is pretty old... consider using CJ2M if you're going to do real projects later on.

Hi everybody,

I got an CJ1M CPU 13 it was working for longtime with an old setting.

We needed to change the full configurationn introducing an additional card to existing system. 

At first, I tried to modify the settings using TOOLBUS with a CS1W-CIF31 cable with a CS1W-CN118 on W10 and CxProgrammer 9.6  but unsuccesfuly.

Then I tried using the Ethernet port  It worked. When I transfered the new configuration I read some warning about "incompatibility" but at the moment it was everyting ok, no alarms on my CJ1M. I just had a problem with a card DRM21 with an alarm on it. I was trying working out it when I saw the ERR/ALM on the CJ1M.

Shortly, it worked and now my CJ1M doesn't want to commuinicate.

I also tried to use the cables CS1W-CIF31 and CS1W-CN118 using W7 with the appropriate driver, but it did'nt work.

I tried to communicate using an old machine with Windows XP, CxProgrammer 9.3 using just the cable CS1W-CN118 cable by the DB9 outlet, but that doesn't work.

I'm doing something wrong or my PLC passed away??

It exist a way to know if my PLC is broken?

Can I clear the memory of the PLC without using CxProgrammer?

Sure, it also possible the DB9 outlet of the old computre was broken.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Edited by Cyp

You need CX-Programmer. You will have have to re-create the I/O table.

Thanks BobB,

I used Cxprogrammer and I know how create an IO Table, but I cant do anything because the communication is failing

Perhaps the peripheral port is dead.

Check the manual - you can set the serial port to a default value and try again with a serial cable?

Just be careful - the Omron serial cable is not standard.

cable is 2-3, 3-2, 4 & 5 tied together at the computer end and 9-9 if I remember correctly - check and make sure - I have not used a serial cable for many years.

Thanks,

I was thinking some of that but I was not sure,.

I don't know if doing that I will be able make settings the IO Table and  what kind of communication I have to use for doing that.

Thanks.

Cyp,

Below is a link to the correct cable pinout for the DB9 port on the CJ1M.

I have also attached the DIP switch setting information.

Turn DIP swtich 5 to the ON position, then cycle power on the plc, this will set the port to default.  Should be 9600, 7, E, 2.

Hope this will help.

CJ1_DipSwitch.pdf

Thanks Gtsuport,

But my questions have not yet answers:

1.- using the serial port I will be able to setting the IO Table 

2.- what Network type I have to use for achieving the settings?

Sorry, I was just looking at the cable information.

1 -  Yes, you can configure the I/O table once you are connected.

2 - Network type should be Tool Bus.  You should be able to use PLC drop down menu, then Auto Online.  Not sure if default baud rate is 9600 or 19200.

Auto Online will try both.  Just researched the manual (W393-E1-14) my previous post was incorrect.  Looks like default is Tool Bus, not Sysmac Way.

Sorry for any confusion.

Hi everybody,

Finally I got communication with the an old PLC CJ1M.

I going to sum up of my case.

PROBLEM: Communication didn't work for solve the blinking light ERR/ALM.

Explanation:

I was trying to communicate with the PLC using the cables CS1W-CN118 and CS1W-CIF31  on Windows10 but after I found out the CS1W-CIF31 had some compatibility problems with windows. Then,  I tried to solve it using an old computer with by its serial port using Windows Xp but uncessfully.

SOLUTION: using another cable aditionnal at the CS1W-CN118 and CS1W-CIF31.

Explanation:

someone said to me making the cable showed at the apendix F from the OPERATION MANUAL SYSMAC CONTROLLERS CJ, see attached image here

Warning: that page has a little error, it talks about 2 male DB9 connectors but really it would be a female - male DB9. See attached image.

Using a PC with serial port and Windows Xp, cable CS1W-CN118 and my fabricated cable, communication OK.

Using a PC with Windows 10, cables CS1W-CN118 and CS1W-CIF31 and my fabricated cable, comunication Ok.

Once communication stablished, I was able to configurate my IO Table and working with my PLC.

Thanks everybody for your Help.

Compatible computer RS232 cable_omron.jpg

Edited by Cyp

Great job!!

Thanks for letting us know you were able to get this working.