yiph

M340 - Inspecting a running FB

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm still quite new to Unity and Modicon PLCs. I have a PLC program running in simulation mode for development/test and I'd like to follow the logic inside a running block. I can't seem to just double click the function block while online to see it's 'inside' logic.

Is there a way to inspect the inside of a running function block? How can I check and diagnose the logic a running function block?

Thanks!

Hi yiph

First of all you can only inspect the logic in a custom built function block. You cannot inspect the inner workings of a standard function block that comes with the unity libraries.

Anyways just right click on the custom block and select refine.

Also if you would like to edit the code inside the function block you can do so by expanding derived fb types(inside the project browser) until you can see the sections inside the dfb.

dfbs.JPG

Just now, cHud said:

Anyways just right click on the custom block and select refine.

Right! That's what I've been looking for. Right click then 'Refine'.

Thank you cHud!

When editing custom fb input data pins, is there a way to switch from say INPUT to IN/OUT pin without deleting and creating new one? I tried drag and drop or copy/paste... but it doesn't work.

You can just dbl click on the pin name (like if you want to rename). Then cut and paste in different place. I dont know of any other way to do this

But you surely dont have to do this often so should be a big issue.

You can change the pin position by just changing the pin numbers....but thats if you only keep it an input pin or output pin.

FB_IN_AND_OUT.JPG

Edited by cHud