Jim82

PID Function block for FX3G

18 posts in this topic

Hi!

Is there anyone who knows where to get a PID function block for the FX3G series PLC?

BR,

Jim

I'm pretty sure there aren't any FBs for PID in the FX3G, I haven't seen one from Mitsu. You'll have to read the manual I guess.

There's no FB for FX3 series.

It's available with FX5.

13 hours ago, Jim82 said:

Hi!

Is there anyone who knows where to get a PID function block for the FX3G series PLC?

BR,

Jim

I have used the PidFX_V300 library in GXWorks2 In the the FX3U FX3G and the FX3GE I am sure its available on the Mits Euro Site or it might be the Beijer site. There are various versions of Pid.

Ray

3 hours ago, Cetronic said:

I have used the PidFX_V300 library in GXWorks2 In the the FX3U FX3G and the FX3GE I am sure its available on the Mits Euro Site or it might be the Beijer site. There are various versions of Pid.

Ray

Thanks Ray!

I found one, PidFX_V100... at the Mits website!

/Jim

PidFx V100 for Fx3U structured type project and V400 for IEC Developer.

No V300 on eu3a.

But if you are right, i'm glad to hear.

Of course there is FB at FX3G / GE. You can see from the picture below how it is inserted.

FB_PID.jpg

I have to admit i'm little rusty with GXW2. I got use to drag&drop FBs in GXW3 simple ladder projects.

Well...  easy is lazy. :)

16 hours ago, kraykov said:

Of course there is FB at FX3G / GE. You can see from the picture below how it is inserted

I think that the original poster wanted a FB (function block) that specifies all parameters by name. The picture you have attached is for a FUN (function), and to be able to use it you have to use MOV instructions to set all parameters.

In the "old days", there were some FB's that had names for input/output that did all the parameters for you automatically.

I agree that your example with the FUN makes the PID function usable, but it's not as easy as a pre-made FB.

I agree with Kaare_t.

In my example, it is a function, not a functional block. It is best to use PidFx_V100. Specially developed for GX Works 2.

PidFx_V100.zip

Edited by kraykov
1 person likes this

Is it possible to use this PidFx in simple project ladder mode?

Hello glavanov, it is not possible. Only with structured project it's possible.

The attached file has documentation with detailed description and examples.

The best regards.

I'm aware of that, but you never know what you can learn in PLC world.... It's worth asking. 

Благодаря колега! :)

On 23.8.2017 at 2:19 PM, glavanov said:

Is it possible to use this PidFx in simple project ladder mode?

Yes, you can use it in Simple Ladder Mode, as long as you have "Labels" activated in your project. By using "Labels", you make sure that there are system variables available for random assignment, which these function blocks need to utilize. By activating "Labels" you can import the FB, and use it in your Simple Ladder code.

Just now, David le said:

i don't really know what you talked about

@David le: What do you mean by this? You haven't posted any questions before in this topic, and you don't describe what it is you don't understand. If you have a question, please ask it, otherwise start a new topic.

well... i know what you are talking about! :-)

i have succeeded to import PidFx library in GXW3 simple ladder mode Fx5U project and now i can drag&drop it like the standart FB's. I'll test it as soon as i get the chance.

Thank you for the hint Kaare_t.

FYI!

The PidFx V100  didnt work so well for me with the FX3G, there was some regulator bugs.
When I switched from manual to auto the regulators output was maxed, regardless what the output was in manual. Did some changes to the code without luck.
I talked to Mits support but they didnt solve it either.

So I downloaded PidFx_V401... and it worked flawless! :)

Br,

Jim

PidFx_V401.sul

Edited by Jim82