Stuart_Wales

Adding an Extension Rack - Q Series / GX Developer

4 posts in this topic

When adding an extension rack to my Q plc, is it just the following setting in GX Developer? Or should I expect any other hidden surprises?

Also, when I order any melsec hardware, they very rarely come with any documentation. Google-ing the part number rarely guides me to manuals. Is there somewhere I could go and input (for example) 'Q55B' which is the extension rack I'm using, then get to any documentation that could assist with the above?

Thanks in advance.

Extension Rack.png

Just remember to check that your main power supply can power the 5V bus. I don't remember if the Q55B is with additional PS and as you point out, finding manuals isn't easy for Mitsu. Sadly you'll have to go to their website and try to search which isn't always easy. However, there should be no form of I/O surprises, just continue your I/O allocation as normal.

In other words, an extension rack is just a physical extension, nothing changes for the I/O's.

Also, make sure you get the extension cable you need.

EDIT: You can also download the latest Q manual, and read about it in chapter 4.3:
https://eu3a.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en/mymitsubishi/download_manager?id=5134

Edited by kaare_t
Added link for maual

Thanks for the reply mate. Yes, I asked the question before purchasing, one of the other members linked me to a mitsi selection bit of software which was easy to use.

Thanks for the link.