Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marcosbelgo

Micrologix 1400 - HMI connection

8 posts in this topic

Hello friends,
I am new with the micrologix and I am having difficulties to understand what I need to configure to establish communication between MICROLOGIX 1400 and HMI IX-T5F-2 from the Altus. I am triyng make communication throug the channel 2 of PLC with the COMM port of HMI, that is a RS232/485 serial DB9 multiprotocol according to CH2 of PLC. I am using a serial cable DB9 male Female.

I can use any protocol to make this, I choosed the DH-485 because have less configuration parameters. 

I have understood that I just have configure CH2 of PLC on the rslogix 500 in the channel configuration on the project tree and the configuration of HMI is according to RSlogix What else have to do? Anybody can help me? The print of screen configuration is showned bellow.

CH2PLC.bmp

HMI.bmp

Edited by marcosbelgo

On the channel status, in the project tree of rslogix, this channel dont show any work.... but the indicator of channel 2 on PLC display, it is active. In the HMI is showned ''No answer from PLC 1''.CH.STATUS.png

Edited by marcosbelgo

Can you post a screenshot of your RSLinx configuration?

On 16/08/2017 at 9:15 AM, AndrewG said:

Can you post a screenshot of your RSLinx configuration?

dear AndrewG

In the RSLinx do not have any configuration, just the ethernet to communicate Micrologix with PC. Why do I have to configure RSLinx if I want to communicate Micrologix with HMI? Sorry for my question ...... I am a begginer. On my searches, I dont see why I need to configure RSLinx for this application. But, if I have, how can I do this?

In my last try, I constructed the null cable and now, the status communication on RSLogix 500 changed. Now, it seems that is communicating (print is bellow). But in HMI display, a message is displayed: Comm err.  

RSLogix.bmp

Edited by marcosbelgo

Post a screenshot of your RSLinx configuration, please.

Allen-Bradley/Rockwell utilizes RSLinx as the communication layer control for most of their PLCs.  Logix500/Logix5000/Studio5000 are the PLC programming packages, but all require RSLinx for communication.  

MicroLogix 1400 has ports...RS-232 (8-pin mini-DIN), RS-232 (DB-9), Ethernet/IP, DH-485 (with use of 1763-NC01)  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/sg/1761-sg001_-en-p.pdf

Beijer iX-T5F-2 HMI has ports...Ethernet, Serial (RS-232, RS-422/485)  http://beijerinc.com/pdf/iX-T5F-2-datasheet.pdf

Select your communication protcol based on your hardware => RS-232 is probably the best choice

Configure the PLC serial port and the HMI serial port so that they can communicate.  How have you configured the Beijer HMI serial port?  HMI should have connected at COM1 or COM3 for RS-232.

On the MicroLogix 1400, Channel 0 is isolated and Channel 2 is non-isolated.  Channel 0 is preferred for serial communication devices, as it is isolated and has driver control integrated.  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1766-um001_-en-p.pdf

5 hours ago, kaiser_will said:

Post a screenshot of your RSLinx configuration, please.

Allen-Bradley/Rockwell utilizes RSLinx as the communication layer control for most of their PLCs.  Logix500/Logix5000/Studio5000 are the PLC programming packages, but all require RSLinx for communication.  

MicroLogix 1400 has ports...RS-232 (8-pin mini-DIN), RS-232 (DB-9), Ethernet/IP, DH-485 (with use of 1763-NC01)  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/sg/1761-sg001_-en-p.pdf

Beijer iX-T5F-2 HMI has ports...Ethernet, Serial (RS-232, RS-422/485)  http://beijerinc.com/pdf/iX-T5F-2-datasheet.pdf

Select your communication protcol based on your hardware => RS-232 is probably the best choice

Configure the PLC serial port and the HMI serial port so that they can communicate.  How have you configured the Beijer HMI serial port?  HMI should have connected at COM1 or COM3 for RS-232.

On the MicroLogix 1400, Channel 0 is isolated and Channel 2 is non-isolated.  Channel 0 is preferred for serial communication devices, as it is isolated and has driver control integrated.  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1766-um001_-en-p.pdf

Dear,

I used RSLinx to make the bridge to communicate RSLogix with the PLC through ethernet. So how would you do it for the HMI? I'm searching the days and I can not figure out how todo this. So, for now there is no configuration in RSLinx. Below is the configuration screens for RSLogix and HMI software. I have built the null modem cable the same as the micrologix manual and I am using micrologix channel 2.

HMI-RSLOGIX.png

Edited by marcosbelgo

Refer to the attached Work Instruction for references on RSLinx.

Your screenshot of PLC Channel 2 Configuration notes "DF1".  DF1 is a serial-type protocol but is NOT serial protocol; DF1 requires a different cable pinout.

- Determine which PLC port you will utilize and configure in RSLogix500

- Cable the configured PLC port into the HMI

- Configure RSLinx communication 

Work Instruction - Allen-Bradley SLC Communications Setup.doc

Is it possible to connect two HMI to micrologix 1400 two serial ports? so either HMI can talk to PLC.