Eduardo Irizarry

Proficy Machine Edition 9.0

4 posts in this topic

Good Morning. My name is Eduardo Irizarry, I am writing from Puerto Rico. I bought the program Proficy Machine Edition 9.0 and despite having downloaded all the documentation related to the program and have followed the instructions; I could not get the timers to work. I need you to please guide me on how to set the timers. The controller I am using is the Versamax IC200UDR164. Thank you, good day.

Instead of looking for additional help use the Online Help in Proficy ME.

~ Open a project
~ Go to 'View' > Toolchest
~ LD Instructions
~ Under Timers select the type* of 'Timer' you want and press F1 for details and examples.

* If you make sure that the "Companion Window" is open as you do this it will give a brief description.

** Be sure to pay attention to "Supported CPUs" as the one you have does not support every Timer in PME.

Edited by RussB

I did as I was told, but still not activated. What it indicates is that there is an error; Even following the instructions.  

Timers error.PNG

Error 8171 is because you must have attempted to program a parallel branch around the timer instruction. That is not permissible with a VersaMax PLC.

Error 8109 is because you neglected to provide a %R address for the ONDTR instruction. The VersaMax does not support symbolic addressing.

When you "did as I was told", were you following an example program? If so, the example may have been from a PAC systems (Rx3i) PLC, in which the rung(s) that generated the errors might have been valid.

1 person likes this