Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
m.ayaz5

ALLEN BRADLEY PLC WITH REDLION PROTOCOL CONVERTER

3 posts in this topic

Dear Fellows,

I have upcoming project my vendor is giving us a skid in which PLC and HMI And a redlion converter Having IP's 10.10.1.XXX however where I execute this project having network 192.168.1.XXX should i need to change the IP's Of whole system from 10.10.1.XXX to 192.168.1.XXX .

HELP NEEDED !!

I will be thankful to u .

You should change your PC to an IP address in the same range as the controls.  Then you can get online with the controls and change them to the new range.  Then switch your PC back to the 192. range where it started.

If you want the equipment on the 192.x network yes you have to change the addresses, 10.x and 192.x are different networks and will not talk to each other.

In cases in which a control system is setup, addressed and functional, and in which it will be connected to an IP network with a different addressing scheme, a managed Ethernet switch that supports IP Address Aliasing (i.e., NAT or Network Address Translation) is suggested.  A-B Stratix 5700 is such a model.  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/wp/enet-wp032_-en-e.pdf

Basically, the connection point to the control network (PLC 10.10.1.xxx) you convert in the Ethernet switch to what your LAN requries (192.168.1.xxx).  The switch has a simple lookup table and converts 10.10.1.xxx to 192.168.1.xxx.