Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timalg

need help

3 posts in this topic

hi friends
please I have some questions about  material of rockwell automation
1.we use the SYS redundancy module general monitor  PN 1756SRM;can we replace it with the 1756-RM2 
is threre any difference between them.
2.can we communicate with the 1756-L55contrologix P/N:1756-L72 by using the the RSlogix 5000 version 16.03

1. I'm not sure because I have not used these modules before

2. You will probably be able to use RSlogix 5000 version 16.03 with the 1756-L72, but if you want to be absolutely sure: start a new project with your RSLogix5000 v. 16.03 software and try to select 1756-L72 as your controller type. If it shows up in your list of options then you should be Ok.

Hope this helps.

Edited by AndrewG

ControlLogix Redundancy requires a specific set of hardware and firmware for each Release.      While the 1756-RM2 is a successor to the 1757-SRM, you cannot mix them in the same system.

The 1756-L72 controller support starts with Studio 5000 v21.    You cannot use the old v16 software with that controller.

It sounds to me like you're trying to support an older ControlLogix Redundancy system.    You should look up and read the Release Notes for that specific release, and follow them closely.   If you don't have the software tools or support resources to work on that control system, please consider hiring Rockwell Automation or a qualified system integrator to do so, as control systems that use Redundancy usually have significant safety or economic consequences.