Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xmpersos

CX-Programmer crashes pc when online with plc

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone mary Xmas, I am using CX-Programmer 4.0 with a usb-to-serial comm port. If the program stays online with the plc for about 10 minutes the PC crashes and I get a blue screen from XP saying that ser2pl.sys did something bad. I downloaded the latest drivers from Profilic but the problem remains. Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

Try to use omron CS1W-CIF31 I Don't Know why, but this USB to rs232 converter is working. Or try to find other converter. There are many converters that does not work

I am using a profilic usb to serial converter with a NT2S-CN222-V1 cable that I have modified to work as an old peripheral to pc cable. It is slim, cheap and works just fine. I know that the problem is with CX-Programmer because with syswin 3.4 there is no problem. The same problem exists with CIF01 and CX-Programmer. Maybe I will try a PCMCIA serial card. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Yes that is right, Profilic converters crash while connecting or disconnecting by CX-Programmer. I have also tried the latest driver but it does not work. And I have experienced this on a few more lap top PC.

I regularly use a PCMCIA serial card with CXP. While it does lock up the PC when connecting with the PLC 2 out of 10 times, once connected it works fine.