ThePLCPeon

FX PLC Multiple ladders possible?

4 posts in this topic

Hello there, I am doing some changes to an existing program and found that it is currently just one huge ladder of 5000+ rungs. I seem to be unable to create a new ladder to split up the code I will be writing. My question is, is it possible to have multiple ladders as you can have in siemens and allen bradley? Am I restricted to the one ladder? It is an fx series plc and i am using gx works2.

Thanks.

Of course in GX Works you can create multiple ladders.

But these could be compiled into one program in the PLC depending on the CPU type. 
If the program is in simple mode you have to change it to label mode or structured mode

Edited by Gambit

5 hours ago, Gambit said:

Of course in GX Works you can create multiple ladders.

But these could be compiled into one program in the PLC depending on the CPU type. 
If the program is in simple mode you have to change it to label mode or structured mode

Thanks for the reply, it was in simple mode. I have changed the project type now to allow multiple ladders but when I compile i get error F1028. It doesen't seem to like the D7999+. Now i know you can change the range under tools and then device/label automatic setting but you can only go up to 7999 on the d registers. What changes do I need to do to be able to compile this? Would really like to be able to make multiple ladders if i am able to but it might just be less hassle to just work with what i have.

D8000 and up are special devices. Can you upload your program? or program part