Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpratik92

Panel View Cannot write tags to ""

3 posts in this topic

Hello

I downloaded a .mer file on the Panel view 1000 but it shows errors on the display graphics. i have configured the Rslinx communication several times by selecting the rigt PLC in Design and Runtime mode. I am using Facotry Talk view 8.20 and creating 5.10 runtime file. Please advice. I was able to correctly download and use the HMI on a similar machine. I dont know what am I missing on this one. 

Thanks

Pratik Jain

When you say "shows errors on the display graphics", could you be more precise?  A screenshot tells the story the best for the forum.

If you are seeing "Error" in objects, it's usually an indication of a communications error.  More than likely, your Device Shortcut is pointed is not pointed or assigned to a valid ethernet device.  Please understand that various types of controllers require different spots to pointed and applied for both the Design and the Runtime.

For instance, The L32E or L35E, you must expand the ethernet to find the actual controller.  But on the L30/33/36 ER/ERM/ERS/ERMS the controller appears on the highest level and you point the shortcut at that level.  Regardless, when you point to a device in the tree, the message area at the bottom will tell you if it is a valid device for your connection.

Possibly check to see if the PV and the PLC are in the same subnet, meaning 192.168.1.XXX where the PV and PLC have differrent values for XXX.

After that then check ethernet cabling.  Possible use a Windows Command Prompt to "ping" both IP addresses to verify that they are on the network.

Then recomplie your MER at the firmware version of the PV and download.