GNP

NB HMI update rate

5 posts in this topic

Forgive me if I have missed something obvious in the manual......

How do I specify an update rate for a float value that I display on the HMI from a CJ2M-CPU32 connected via Ethernet.

The memory address is referenced directly, D7501, as opposed to a tag. I have it setup as a number display property and it works just fine.

It is just the time that it takes from the change in the PLC to be reflected on the HMI, 120 seconds minimum?

Bit values seem to be immediate.

I see on the setup, basic property, it is defaulted at normal but it is greyed out so I can't select high or something else? if that is where I am supposed set it?

Any input would be appreciated.

G.

Any thoughts out there?

NB is using FINS communication which cannot handle Read Bit and Read Word at the same time.
If you're having multiple Bit object on the screen, it can be seen updating fast since on a same communication time multiple addresses are taken at the same time.
However after that it needs to request the Float data separately.

The general rule mentioned in the manual is to limit number of variables you have on a single screen to avoid such display lags. Having lags up to 2 minutes like you said means either too many addresses to be read on a same screen (Word / Float addresses), or maybe your PLC program did delay the update of the said address.

I had same issue with Rotary Encoder display update in NB, but unfortunately it is not solvable so far. It's the limitation on the hardware and software engine of the HMI itself. However it's not as bad as 120 seconds. Usually only around 300 ms max.

Innoaloe, Thank you for your input.

I have everything working as expected now.

I had originally imported a large tag file with the intent of using what I wanted through development and then just deleting anything unused. Your comments got me to thinking that possibly the entire tag list was being polled even though only a few items where on display. I deleted everything and just started again with no tag list and everything is now good.

I am not sure if my theory is correct or if it was something else I did, or didn't do, but everything is now okay, Thanks again

G

Glad it's working okay.

That might be the case if your tag file was an Array Variable. If you only display one index, the whole tag sets will still need to be read as a whole.