Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mephistopheles

Daisy chaining power to Armorblocks

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm trying to power about 31 armor blocks in a daisy-chain. I'm running my power off a panel to a junction box and then drawing cables to Taps and dropping a cable to each Armorblock. I'm using 1732E-8x8M12DRs and 1732E-IB16M12Rs, which have 4-pin mini male ports for power. 
1. Are there 4-pin mini cables (18AWG) Taps so I can power the entire system using 18AWG cables?

2. Is it safe to gave 22AWG micro cables and M12 taps and draw out a 4-pin mini cable drop to my armorblocks?

3. What in your opinion would be the best way to daisy chain power to these modules?

Thanks!

Have you built a spreadsheet to total all I/O module current usage to calculate a rack current total, then add up all rack totals?  For typical 1732 Armor Block networks, one should have a backbone with power drops.

Chapter 4 walks you through calculating current load for the number/type of modules per rack, number of racks per network and specifying the cables as such.  This guide will also clarify the communication and power cables needed to network the racks together.  The best way to daisy-chain the rack is to follow the specifications.  If you have too much load on a network drop, then you will be forced to split the system into multiple networks.  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/sg/1732-sg001_-en-e.pdf

1 person likes this