Paolo_911

Choose Keypad GTDesigner3

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

Is it possible to choose which keypad shows up for a numerical input or text input?

You can make user created ones as window screens and set them to be used here. I have not done in but have seen it on a project someone else made.

GOT Keypadscreenshot.docx

This is mine. Made it nice and big to reduce fat-fingering.

mrplc.PNG

Thanks guys.

I am very new to GOTs so I will try to do this. On the screen you created are you able to view the set of numbers you enter? These number buttons are in the library I presume? How do you set it up so that it will enter in a string of numbers? My question is how does this screen pop up and enter the numbers into whatever button you pushed on the screen to get this keypad to pop up? Sorry, I'm confusing myself with this question so let me know if you need clarification. I am just trying to process how to set it all up.  

I think I found a good manual to use on how to do this. It is GT Designer2 Version 2 Screen Design Manual. Chapter 4 illustrates how to set up a custom user keypad. Thanks for your help guys though and I will return here if I have any questions. 

1 person likes this

FYI 

There are some extra keypads in the library folder => under search by function => Numerical DEC , Numerical HEX , ASCII

Thanks Gambit. I did find these and ended up using them.

I did skim over a section in a manual somewhere that mentioned that the GOT could skip to the next input after pressing the "return" key (or Enter?) ? Do you know if it is possible for an operator to cycle through a set of inputs on a screen by pressing "Ret / Enter" ? 

Just add an key code action to your switch. like write to the device and move cursor or move cursor to the ....

Edited by Gambit

Thank you! I will try that, although I am unsure of your directions haha. I will let you know how it goes.

One other question, anyone know how to add a utility call key button to the screen so I don't have to fiddle around trying to find the corner. I'm still not sure how long I need to hold that for and it doesn't always work. Adding a button to the screen to get to the utility screen would be much more helpful. Anyone? 

Hahah I see.. 

If you look at your toolbar you can select a Switch. But there a are actually many switches you can choose from: Bit switch, Word Switch, Go to Screen switch etc.
or a Key code switch.....aka key code action.

For the Switch selections just push the little triangle on to the switch button in the toolbar.

If you want to call the utility choose the special function switch and select Utility from the list. 

Now it could be that you would have like to have multiple action on a single switch. In that case just select Switch you can than add multiple action.

If anything isn't clear let me know

Thanks! I was able to find the Utililty Action Switch inside a special function switch. 

As far as pressing the enter key to 'write to the device and move the cursor', I can't figure it out. The arrow keys inside my keyboard 'move the cursor the right' (without writing) which works wonderfully except that it doesn't write anything. Whereas the Enter key 'writes to the device' and is supposed to 'move the cursor', but doesn't actually move the cursor. Please see attached for options. The one highlighted is currently set for the Enter key, but doesn't work as I think it should. None of the other options specify that it will write AND move the cursor.

1.png

To make many different entry screens, is it better to create these as pop-up windows and call them in code rather than change the global keyboard?

i say many, but 1 or 2 different styles ?