Fa3d

Programming PC to CJ1M CPU12 using serial communication card?

4 posts in this topic

Is it possible to connect a PC to program (using cx programmer software) a CJ1M CPU12 using the serial port of a communication card (SCU31-V1)? Or the only way to connect a programming PC is through the peripheral port in the CPU?

I bought an omron cable (CS1W-CIF31) that connects from serial port to USB, but I want to be sure that I can connect to program with it before I open it. If not I'll have to buy another cable (the peripheral one).

thanks for your help!!

IMG_8592.JPG

Edited by Fa3d

SCU31-V1 is a dual RS422 card whereas the CIF31 is an RS232 connection.  These two are not compatible.

Thank you for the reply. Can I connect then the PC to that port for programming using a regular RS422/RS485 to USB converter? 

Actually, that is the first thing I tried but it gave me connection error (but maybe I have to play more with the connection settings).

I need to know of its possible to connect a PC for programming through a communication unit, or if the only way is through the peripheral port. According to what I have read, it should be possible to connect through the serial communications unit. 

You must have a Rs232 to RS422 adapter to connect USB CIF31 to SCU31-V1. Check B&B Electronics website for a converter.