Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaiser_will

Help needed with new Altivar 630 VFD

2 posts in this topic

We are a machine builder.  Old customer requests programmed drives to replace failed Altivar 61 drives.  Latest model is Altivar 630.  Past engineers did not fully document all the parameter changes.  I have read through all of the Schneider literature I could find, but have not found explanation of how the parameters all work together.

Somewhat of a simple application, with the two VFDs running an AC fan motor.   Not networked.  (2) logic inputs, (2) analog inputs.

I believe LI1 ON will put into RUN mode, loss of LI1 puts into STOP mode.  RUN mode uses analog AI1 value for scaling speed command.

The tricky part...analog AI2 is to overcome speed command of AI1 depending on voltage level.  The command switching I have not figured out.

Hi Kaiser. If the drive is set to 2wire (default) control then yes if 24vdc is on LI 1 it will start. If no voltage it will stop.

In the ctl (control menu) you can do reference switching and command switching. How do you decide when to switch according to voltage level? Do you mean voltage level of the supply or what? Frequency reference1 is by default set to AI1, now set Frequency reference 1b to AI2.  Then in parameter rcb (reference 1b switching) assign the digital input you want to switch between ai1 and ai2.

atv630.JPG

1 person likes this