Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dipen_95

5500 Kinetex Servo Drive with L33ERM Home Entry

5 posts in this topic

I know it may sound stupid but I am new with Studio 5000 and trying to build a project where I have to home my servo drive other than the position to zero and it is not fix but rather decided by a safety switch. What I am looking for is a dynamic Home position Entry which I am able to find it in the axis parameter but not in the CIP_Structure.

Is any kind of motion FB for home position set entry?

Any help would be useful.

Thanks

PS: Studio 5000 v30, Kinetex 5500 v7.01, L33ERM processor

The home sensor, in your case a dynamic safety switch, is wired into the K5500 Home/Reg input?

Document how you desire for this process to function.

Jog to the direction till safety switch change state in my case always jog backwards.

Stop motion once safety switch is on and home it to switch + marker and set the home position to either 1000 mm or 500 mm or 200 mm depending on my chamfer location on to the brake pads.

I suggest that you write a sequencer that does the following (adjust as you see fit):

Step 1 - MAJ in the reverse direction until you see the Home Sensor.

Step 2 - Issue a MAS, hopefully stopping while still on the Home Sensor.

Step 3 - MAJ in positive until the Home Sensor signal goes low.

Step 4 - Issue another MAS.

Step 5 - Then MAJ in reverse direction and very low speed until you see the Home Sensor.

Step 6 - Issue another MAS

Step 7 - Execute the MAH as immediate and put in your offset.

Not saying it's right, just saying that's how I do it.  Your tolerance for this position can be affected by the speeds on the MAJs.

All that being said, I think there are many options for the MAH that might handle this already.

Edited by pcmccartney1

Thanks a lot pcmccartney1.

That is somewhat my seq looks right now. And to answer my own question we can use SSV instruction with the class as Axis, Instance as the Axis Name and Attribute as HomePosition to set the Home position offset.