linhphan

CAN NOT WRITE PROGRAM READ PULSE ENCODER FOR PLC CJ1M CPU11

5 posts in this topic

hELLo. Fist at all,

I am new omron,i have problem with read pulse from encoder cj1m cpu11.i hope guide can help me,?

note: The last time i used plc cp1l i used command prv (881) high speed counter read pulse from encoder but at the moment i use cj1m cpu11 i can not write program read pulse from encoder.

Thanks

Linh

The CP1L has inputs that can be configured as high speed counter inputs.

The CJ1M-CPU1x series would require a high speed counter module CJ1W-CTxxx to provide that function.

The CJ1M-CPU2x series has built in I/O that can be configured for high speed counter input.

Hope this will help.

Thanks GTsuport

do you have any solution for this case if i not use option module?.i no need control position exactly.i only want count pulse from encoder for detect encoder have rotary or not rotary.

Thanks

Linh

Linh,

This will depend on the type of encoder you are using and the rpm of the encoder.

I the encoder is the ABZ type, you may be able to wire the Z phase (single pulse per revolution) to an input and use timers to determine rotation.

One timer would be set that if it is not reset in a certain amount of time, the encoder would be considered not rotating.

Another timer would be set such that if the timer times out, the encoder has stopped on the pulse location.

Not sure if this method would work as I do not know the information on the encoder.

Hope this will help.

Don't waste your time trying to count encoder pulses on a CJ1M-CPU-1x series PLC.

As GT support states either add a High Speed Counter module OR replace with a CJ1M-CPU-2x CPU.

Better still!

The CJ1M is an older model and in my experience is more costly than purchasing both a CJ2M-CPU-1x and a CJ2M-MD21x Pulse I/Omodule.

Edited by BITS N BYTES