aakash

plc to encoder

11 posts in this topic

hi

actually i have never tried plc to encoder programming , i have the FX3S-30M plc with encoder ,can someone help me programming the encoder to have better understanding .

Thanks

Aakash

I take it you mean Encoder to -> plc

What do you want to know?

Where to connect?

What counters to use? etc

Edited by Ron_S

i want to know where to connect ,what counter can i use. 

I want it to program for 0 to 360 ,also can i know the direction of rotation .

encoder -TVI50N-09BK5A6TN-00360

encode.png

Edited by aakash

Hello,

You can read in the FX3S manual for high speed counters. There is a detailed description of one-phase and two-phase counters.
The encoder is connected to the first digital inputs  from PLC that are fast.

Sincerely,
K. Raykov

Edited by kraykov

hi i have seen there was no mention i am looking at wrong manual.you have the link for the same

hi ,thanks for the help i was just programming it i had problem.At wiring do the input X0 ,X1 of plc can be either source or  sink type.The encoder will give pulses , do i have to make any changes or i can just it either way  

Hi aakash, the specification encoder is with a push-pull output and inputs x0 and x1 is not a problem to be on a source or sink circuit. When connected to a source circuit A signal - black cable connecting to X0, B signal - white cable connecting to X1 and brown cable 24VDC, blue cable 0VDC to a power supply.

The best regards,

K.Raykov

Hi thanks i tried that with already used c251 2phase 2 count. Not sure the use of 1 phase 1 count ,2 count they have the same connection to plc i have to connect both A and B phase.

Hi aakash, what use will this encoder use for? This will be decisive for choosing a single-phase counter with one input, one phase with two inputs or two-phase with two inputs for the A and B series.

The best regards,

K.Raykov

hi actually this was for practice only to learn then i can use when i need .i like to know the difference between them

thanks