Amogh

Omron FH-L550 Camera controller

7 posts in this topic

Thanks in advance

1. I am using Omron FH-L550 Camera controller

2. I want to write data from plc to cam controller through serial Rs232 port.

3. The serial communication has been established and plc is receiving data from cam controller if data output tool is used

4. But if i want to write some values from plc to cam controller how can i do it.

5. Specifically i want to write coordinates of X and Y In ECM Search tool and set Master to those values.

what is procedure to do it. Any help will be appreciated

What PLC?  What cam controller?

Plc is mitsubishi Fx3G40mr

Camera controller is  Omron FH-L550 Camera controller

The serial communication has been established and plc is receiving data from cam controller if data output tool is used

But if i want to write some values from plc to cam controller how can i do it.

Specifically i want to write coordinates of X and Y In ECM Search tool and set Master to those values.

Which Field Output tool are you using?

I am going to assume it is PLC Link - Mitsubishi.

If so, there is a Command / Response area outlined in manual Z342-E1-07 which is how you transfer data to the FHL.

Commands to Write Data has a command 0050 1000 which is Set Unit Data.

Each tool has an External Reference Table, which shows the numerical value for each item in a given tool.

The External Reference Table is in manual Z341-E1-08.

but according to  Omron FH-L550 Camera controller datasheet mitsubishi PLC link is only applied to Q series PLC 

i had FX3G 40 MR

I made connection using RS232 Will it be possible using this 

8 hours ago, Amogh said:

but according to  Omron FH-L550 Camera controller datasheet mitsubishi PLC link is only applied to Q series PLC 

i had FX3G 40 MR

I made connection using RS232 Will it be possible using this 

FH Series doesn't support PLCLink communication to FX-Series Mitsubishi PLC.

In your case I believe you are already using the NonProcedure method with RS232 (you mentioned FX already able to fetch the data from FH)

I'm not sure what are you really want to do with the ECM Search tool, but I guess you want to change some of it's properties dynamically?

If so, look for manual Z342-E1-08, page 269 for examples of FH NonProcedure RS232 and look for UNITDATA in the Command List.

Also look for manual Z341-E1-10, page 143 for list of Parameters in ECM Search dan can be Set/Get to use with the UNITDATA Command

Again thanks

Should i have to create communication protocol to work this

Another thing if i am using NonProcedure method with RS232 should i have to use "PLC LINK FLOW CONTROL TOOL"

And commend i want to write is written in macro tool it should at the top of flow or just above "ECM SEARCH TOOL"