dWiseman

AD041-V1 CJ2 Special I/O Issue

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to sort out some analog input issues on a CJ2 with analog inputs through an AD041-V1 input module.

I traced the issue to incorrect special I/O unit setup but noticed the data is changing dynamically as the PLC is running causing the analog inputs not to work. I cannot see anything writing to these values over ethernet, nor locally in the PLC. I have tried re downloading sepcial unit setup and it will work until power is cycled.

If the CPU has a memory card and dip switch 2 is turned on, it will transfer the settings stored in the memory card at power up. Maybe that's what is happening??

Edited by Mendon Systems

1 hour ago, Mendon Systems said:

If the CPU has a memory card and dip switch 2 is turned on, it will transfer the settings stored in the memory card at power up. Maybe that's what is happening??

I will have a look and see if this is the issue. I don't think the PLC is using a memory card, and the only other thing that leads me to beleive that is not the case is if I am watching the address while the PLC is running I can watch the data change - it is not only changing during startup.

EDIT: after checking the PLC, we do not have a memory card installed, and all of the DIP switches on the CPU are set to OFF.

Edited by dWiseman

Please post your CJ1M program.  Several of us can take a look at it.

Long ago before CX Programmer had Special Unit Setup windows, we configured these modules via ladder code. The AD041-V1 manual will give you the mapping. The addresses will reside in CIO and DM memory and will need to be calculated depending upon the Module Unit Number.

It's possible your configuration is hard coded.

23 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

Long ago before CX Programmer had Special Unit Setup windows, we configured these modules via ladder code. The AD041-V1 manual will give you the mapping. The addresses will reside in CIO and DM memory and will need to be calculated depending upon the Module Unit Number.

It's possible your configuration is hard coded.

I wondered the same thing. Searching the code does not bring up any logic moving any data into the special IO setup (Unit 0 so DM20000 to DM20099). I attempted to add some logic to try and force the values of DM20000 -> DM20002 as they are most critical for the setup of this module and I still saw values fluctuating.

After re-downloading special I/O and cycling power numerous times it seems the issues has gone away. I'm sure it will be back soon enough though....

On 2017-07-08 at 11:11 AM, Jay Anthony said:

Please post your CJ1M program.  Several of us can take a look at it.

Jay,

After playing around with the set-up and cycling power numerous times the issue seems to have resolved itself. Really not sure what did the trick.

I will grab the code today and upload just in case there is something you can see that I missed...

Cheers.