Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neil Winter

Beginner Mk2.

8 posts in this topic

I now have a Q01 working with DI on a QX40 and DO on a QY10.

I am running a pneumatic cylinder with 2 limit switches.

I can't get the sequence right, I think I need the Set command and then set the switches to be PTB, but I can't get it to work.

How would you sequence a solenoid valve to turn on (Y30) until the piston reaches switch 1 (X10) and then wait a second before turning on solenoid valve 2 (Y31) until the piston reaches switch 2 (X11)?

This would repeat.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Edited by Neil Winter

It can be hard to answer a question like that with out being there to see the set up as I can not simulate the limits easily.

How I usually get a start in doing any sequence is to write it down in a some what logical way. So then I know what it needs to do and kinda how the PLC would do it. 

I might start that task by writing something like this, then trying to write code to do this may be easier. 

Sequence condition (L0) sets on Cylinder Extend (Y30).

If limit 1 (X10) is reached for one second (T0) Cylinder Extend (Y30) will be reset and Cylinder Retract (Y31) will be set.

If limit 2 (X11) is reached for one second (T1) Cylinder Retract (Y31) will be reset and Cylinder Retract (Y30) will be set.

E-Stop (L1) will reset Y30 and Y31. You MUST include a way to stop the sequence even for your own training purpose you must be able to stop it preferably kill the power to the solenoids and a logical stop.

1 person likes this

Super, thanks. I will put something similar together soon.

Hi again,

The sequence needs to be:-

Set on cylinder extend (Y30)

When limit 1 (X10) is reached, cylinder extend (Y30) will be reset.

One second later, cylinder retract (Y31) will be set.

When limit 2 (X11) is reached, cylinder retract (Y31) will be reset.

One second later, repeat.

I hope this what you meant.

Thanks again.

What triggers set cylinder extend Y30? This is what I see from your description:

ckt.thumb.png.dd3010ecf35a4f2cffe6dc3c17

2 people like this

I hope I am not doing your homework haha.

While I think you may learn more from trying it until you figure it out here is a EXAMPLE project. Do yourself a favor and do the boring online training ( Boring online Training ) I went down the road your on and I wish someone would have made me do this at my start.

You can use it to get an understanding of what you need to do. What Akahige wrote is good as well and should give you a basic concept of what you need but just in case I put this together.  

Turn on comments and statements. 

To run the simulator go to debug in the top bar then click Start/Stop Simulation. You may have to click stop then reset then run on the pop up it stays in error. This sim is a good way to practice without loosing a finger. Of course you will have to toggle (Shift+Enter) the liimit switches when using the sim. 

NEILTHEDUDE.gxw

2 people like this

Thank you both, really helpful.

I will now work through the other online courses as you suggest, with a good basis for guiding me towards what I need.

Much obliged.    :)

Nice work Mitsm83. I like your process. The online training courses are awesome. Japan has recently attempted to make them less "boring" ;-). Click the tablet link on the beginner FA course selection, you can run the training course on your tablet or phone.

Good luck Neil.

2 people like this