hashmi.mohammad

RS Logix v. 20.04

5 posts in this topic

Good afternoon, 

I will be installing RS Logix v.20.04 in order to fix the minor revision issues with 20.01 and 20.03. Will I have to update the firmware on the PLCs and re-download the program? Also, is there anything else I should take note of before installing 20.04? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to have to change the PLC to make 20.04 work.  I have downloaded and installed 20.04 on my VM but haven't had a chance to test it in the field.  If I were you, I would install 20.04 in its own virtual machine (or make a backup copy of your VM before upgrading the software) and then just try it to see what happens.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do that. Has anyone installed and tested 20.04 out on there machines? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

The firmware does not need changing in the plc when upgrading to 20.04 from 20.01 or 20.03

There are (2) components to Logix5000 for version control and compatibility...Logix5000 version and Firmware version.  You should install Logix 20.04 and all of the firmware versions you will need to support.  

After Ver 20.04, Logix5000 became Studio5000.

https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductFindDownloads.aspx?crumb=112&toggleState=&versions=50471,51420