Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weston

FactoryTalk View on multiple monitors with single computer

2 posts in this topic

Is there a way to run Factorytalk view on multiple monitors?  I am running FactoryTalk view on a Stealth computer and would like to display different systems on two different screens.  Right now there are two screens but they are the exact same.  I would like to display an HMI project "display" on one monitor and a different "display" on the other so that the user will have more information and control open at one time without switching between screens.  I am thinking I can do this by running two FT view projects on the computer and open one project on one monitor and the other on the second monitor.  Are there any issues with this or is it even possible to have two open?  If it is possible I could split the HMI project up into two projects and run them simultaneously.  Any help with this would be appreciated. thanks

The only way I have ever been able to do it is have the application span both monitors and use overlay or top as display type and position the windows when using the display command, as the horizontal position for the second screen display should simply be monitor 1 horizontal resolution +a few pixels for a possible buffer.  I have also used VBA to do similar and allow for added functionality like having popups display over the appropriate may page and closing any background pages since display type is not replace. You also need to have your monitor driver set to extend desktop and not duplicate.

Edited by labeledas