3 posts in this topic

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have done some searching and couldn't find any answers in the forum.

If I have a label that I use in my ladder, I can edit the address of the label any everything works OK (i.e. the ladder references the Label and not the direct address)

If I need to change the text of the label, but keep the address the same, the ladder fails as it is using the label as the reference to the address.

Is there anyway I can change a label and have it automatically update the ladder with the change 

e.g. lets say I have a label called 'counter_1' which is used throughout the ladder code. If I want to change the name of the label to 'counter_A', I can alter it in the Global Labels (the excel type thing), but then have to update it manually everywhere in my ladder.

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

Andy

Only way I have found to do this is to use the search/replace feature to update the label in the ladder after changing the label in the label definitions.

If I recall correctly there may be a software option setting that affects this.  But I may be wrong I've worked with so many brands.