Paolo_911

Enet Comms GOT-Q PLC Not Working

7 posts in this topic

I can't get a GOT2000 to communicate to a Q06UDEHCPU through a QJ71E71-100 ethernet module.
This module is Module 2.
Attached are the settings in the PLC and GOT: Am I missing something? Is this correct?

PLC settings:
PLC settings.png

GOT settings: 

59513374b697e_Gotsettings.png.5f6a936d81

Edited by Paolo_911

Also, can you pass M bits from GOT to PLC? I wanted to turn on M800 from this GOT. This is what I'm using to test communications, which may be my problem also. I just wanted to see a bit turn on (from a GOT button) in the PLC to ensure communications. 

The GOT and PLC can't have the same station number. Change one of them to something else. Yes, you can control/monitor M-bits from the GOT.

I thought they had to have the same station number so the GOT knew which station it was trying to communicate to. Thanks! I will try this solution in a few minutes.

I also realize that the GOT settings picture I posted had the Unit type to QnUD(P) instead of QJ71E71, but I was just messing around at that point trying anything to get it to work. 

Unfortunately, this did not solve my issue. On the QJ71E71-100 module status lights the Open light is not on (nor flashing). So clearly the Ethernet port is not open for communication? I am still completely stumped.   

Why can't I ping the QJ71E71 module with my laptop directly plugged into it? Should this not be an issue? I am pinging 192.168.1.88, which the I.P. address I assigned the QJ71E71 module. 

SOLUTION: Wow, after much head banging I figured it out to be a port conflict. I had to change the GOT communication port number to a different number (5002) than the station/module it was trying to connect to (5001).