Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_baden

C200h

6 posts in this topic

Hello again Mr. Anthony and all, I have yet another question but more along the lines of communications. The company I work for has just a plain old C200H. The first thing I would like to know is what cord I will need to communicate with this PLC to upload and download programs. The CPU has only the peripheral port and another port that I am not sure what it is. This second port I cannot find any information on. I went to OMRON site but the PDF's I have looked at do not conatin this information. Now on the peripheral ports side I am curious to know what cable and/or adapter is needed to communicate with a personal computer via an RS-232. The company currently has a CQM1-CIF02 and on the cables case it Notes that I cannot use this cable with a C200H_CPU**. Well the one we are working with is a C200H_CPU01. So that cable is kinda out of the picture. My next question involves OMRON's ASC02 for the C200H. I was wondering since there is only one peripheral port on the C200H computer, if I could use this ASCII module to communicate with an NT620. If so, what kind of programming am I going to have to use? If not, then will the C200H automatically pick it up and communicate amongst the two? Thanks again, Baden

If there is a spare slot on the rack, fit a LK201-v1 (rs 232 host link). This will enable you to be able to program via the host link and when not been used for programming it can be used for the HMI Comms. Regards Fred

Thanks Fred, it just so happens the company has an LK201. But it does not have a V1 following it. Is there a difference between the two? I was going to ask what that module was for because I can't seem to find a PDF file for that module. Following those steps, do you know where I could get a manual quickly for the LK201? I know I should have this manual but since the company I work for is very avid in Ebay shopping, they kinda get a bundle of items with an item they want. Hey, on the subject of learning. . . Is there a class that is Omron based that I could take to help me dive into the communications aspect of PLC's? Like DeviceNet, Profibus and so forth. For that matter is there a class that is Omron PLC based that could show me the basics and then work me up from there? If so, could you point me to the right direction? Sorry for the inrush of such diversified questions in a single rung. (He he rung, when I meant post, I am spending way too much time in this) Just curious. Thanks again for the reply Fred. Baden

Never mind about the classes questions. I just went to a search engine and found MANY places that offer it. But if you have any preference to a certain class then please speak up. Thanks again, Baden

The C200H-ASC02 ASCII Basic Module does not use Hostlink Protocol. Therefore this is a not a good solution. C200H-ASC02 Ascii/Basic Module Manual Guest_Baden: How about registering at MrPLC.com so we can get your email and other vital statistics? Register at MrPLC.com

Hey, thanks guys. It worked like a charm. I got the program off of it and will just read through it to see if I could decipher it. Lots of repitition in this program. Thanks again, Baden