Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldnerd

Kinetix 300 fault

3 posts in this topic

I have a Kinetix 300 drive that keeps giving me a E74 fault. I have checked the following and have found nothing. Last summer we had similar problem but not as bad. I opened the panel door and put a fan blowing on the drive stills trips. This drive runs a short, simple belt conveyor, have not found a bad bearing or anything. Any ideas for some of you would be appreciated.  

E74 Drive has exceeded peak current limit. Drive cannot regulate current properly.
Motor cables shorted. Verify continuity of motor power cables and connector.
Motor winding shorted internally. Disconnect motor power cables form the motor. If
the motor is difficult to turn by hand, it must be
replaced.
The machine duty cycle requires an RMS current exceeding the continuous rating of the controller.
Change the command profile to reduce speed or increase time.
Operation above continuous power rating and/orproduct environmental rating.
Verify ambient temperature is not too high.
Operate within the continuous power rating.
Reduces acceleration rates.The Kinetix 300 drive has a short circuit overcurrent, or failed component.
Remove all power and motor connections and preform a continuity check form the DC bus to the U, V, and W motor outputs. If a continuity exists,
check for wire fibers between terminal or send drive in for repair.

This fault is very obtuse; you could have a failing servo motor, bad motor power or feedback cable, your load could be exceeding the capability or settings of the servo controller, or your servo controller is about to take a dump.

Before you start throwing parts and hoping for the best...what has changed?  What is the duty cycle of the process?  Have you gone online to look at real-time data and run trends?  There is no easy answer for this one.

Thanks for the answer kaiser_will, the maintenance crew tightened the conveyor belt to tight causing the problem, too much load on the drive.

2 people like this