Als

RsLogix 500 Security Violation

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have AB SLC05/5 PLC controlling Metso Filter Press with Citect SCADA version 6.10. I now have a problem where several graphics on the main graphics page are missing, thus preventing Control Room Operators running the equipment (Filter Press). I have to restore the missing graphics to have the equipment back running.

I connected my laptop PC on which RsLogix 500 is installed, and verified Ethernet communication between the PLC and the laptop from RSLINX Lite. However, when attempting to verify communication on the RsLogix 500 under Communication Tab, I have this message popping up: "RsLogix 500 Security Violation. 'You are not authorised to perform this operation(Communications Configuration).'"

When attempting to go On-Line, this message is also popping up: "The current security connection is no longer valid."

This is preventing me from going On-line to clear the faults and restore the missing graphics. I am just wondering if one of my workmates who had worked on it earlier - who is not familiar with AB PLC - had done someting silly and is hidding it from me.

Can anyone please help me resolve my issue.

Thank you so much for your help.

I have not seen this issue before, but maybe you can try this: Go to your Control Panel, then Programs and Features (I'm assuming you have a Windows PC). Find RSLogix500. Right click on it, then select "Repair". Make sure you are not connected to the PLC when you do this. After the repair is finished, reboot the PC. Hope this helps.