Scott Gerber

GX Developer FX in Education

8 posts in this topic

Hi -

We are currently running GX Developer FX at our College in the UK. We use this in the classroom to teach our students how to programme for PLC devices.

We now need to upgrade to a newer version that is compatible with Windows 10 - we are currently using version 8.03.

My questions are:

• Can this be downloaded for free to use in education?
  • Is there a contact within Mitsubishi that anyone can share that I can contact to chase this down?

Any feedback on this will be greatly apprciated.

Thanks

Scott

Contact Mitsubishi UK. I am sure they will help you out.

You can always use iQ-works which contains GX works (this replaced GX Dev) and it will work for 60 days without a license.

GX Developer was replaced by GX Works2, which was replaced by GX Works3.  Contact your local Mitsubishi office and see what they can offer for an education package.  I know in the US they used to make a package deal for educational institutions.

I think FXCPU's must be created and programmed with GX works2

Nope, GX Developer has programmed FX all the way up to FX3U.

I have Gx Dev (latest and last version upgrade) and GX works 2 and I still cant program an FX5

Like @Crossbow mentioned GX DEV en GX Works 2 go up to FX3.

For the FX5 you will need the new GX Works 3 programming software

On 6/9/2017 at 7:11 AM, Scott Gerber said:

Hi -

We are currently running GX Developer FX at our College in the UK. We use this in the classroom to teach our students how to programme for PLC devices.

We now need to upgrade to a newer version that is compatible with Windows 10 - we are currently using version 8.03.

Scott,

Not sure if this is your issue but GX Developer is compatible with Windows 10. According to Technical Bulletin FA-A-0207 the .NET Framework just needs to be enabled. Look at section 3.1 of the attached bulletin. GX Developer is part of GX Works 2 so the .NET frameworks 3.5 needs enabling as explained in section a.

But if this is not your issue, I agree with the other posters. Get a current version of GX Works2. GX Developer is part of that software nowadays AND the revisions are still updated for GX Developer frequently. The latest version of GX Works 2 V1.560J gave me GX Developer V8.119Z.

FA-A-0207.pdf