Neil Winter

Beginner. Q12H Connection Problem.

18 posts in this topic

Maybe I can help with a little more info,

This looks like a Parameter set problem in the Network Parameters or Intelligent Function Parameters.

Can you show screen shots of those? So show screen shots of +parameter/+Network Parameter/Ethernet-CCIE-Melsecnet and one of +parameter/+Network Parameter/CC-Link.

Also can you double click PLC Parameter and show the PLC File Tab.

Are there any other modules on the PLC that are not shown in this screen shot?

Here is an example of the screen shots I would like to see first.

PLC Parameter Screen Shots Needed.docx

1 person likes this

I was hoping to see a problem here that would be an easy fix but I do not. 

One other thing as well, When you say connection problem what so you mean. I can see you are connected to the PLC because you are monitoring the PLC diagnostics. Have you recently added a card?

Can you attach your project I have the stuff here to remake your set up I will write your project to my PLC and see if I can Troubleshoot this error. 

Edited by Mitsm83
1 person likes this

Hi Mitsm83,

The connection problem is that the error light on the CPU is flashing, so I am not able to transfer a program to it.

The CPU has a program in it, since it was already loaded when I obtained it (second hand).

The diagnostics works fine and gives me the 3301 error. I haven't added any cards.

The set-up consists of the CPU, one DI unit (QX40) and 1 DO unit (QY10) only.

The program I am trying to transfer has three switches going into the QX40 Unit and three LEDs connected to the QY10 Unit.

The project is attached.

Thanks again for trying to solve this for me.

12H DI and DO not Working.gxw

I'm not sure if this is all your problem, but in the parameters under "Program" you need to insert the "Main" or it will not scan the program. Also in the I/O Assignment I would go ahead and update the X/Y start address (010 for your input and 030 for your output). After this download the Parameter and program and see what you end up with.

1 person likes this

I will try that, thanks

No luck I'm afraid.

What does ->  "Change the file register file for the one which allows refresh in the whole range."mean?

The problem is defined as:-

"The refresh setting of the intelligent function module exceeded the file register capacity.
- The intelligent function module's refresh parameter setting is outside the available range.
- The setting of the refresh parameter range crosses over the boundary between the internal user device and the extended data register (D) or extended link register (W).
- The intelligent function module set in peripherals differs from the actually mounted module."

Except the third one.

All of the others are  about Intelligent Modules surely?

I found the attached in Help, but it is way beyond me.

Connection Problem Q12H v3.docx

Edited by Neil Winter

Is this a re purposed CPU?

Did it used to have a different program in it?

1 person likes this

Also under Parameter/Network Parameter/CC-Link at the top change that to nothing instead of 1. Since you have no CC-Link Card no need for this.

His Help.docx

1 person likes this

I am able to run this project on my identical set up with no issues by just removing the CC-Link Param I mentioned above. If the error you are getting has not changed then,

I would recommend you delete all the PLC data, clear the memory and then write your program. 

I have yet to see one of these CPUs go bad so I am thinking there is an old Intelligent Function Module setting in there that wont clear unless you run a delete. 

Edited by Mitsm83
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Neil Winter said:

"Change the file register file for the one which allows refresh in the whole range."

So I can take a crack at answering this in a simplified way, there is a lot of info in a answer to that question lol.

First, File registers are "extra" memory locations you can expand into with a memory card. You can then use these devices just like you would a D. You set up the amount in the PLC Parameters under the PLC File tab they are then ZR, you can assign them to R, D or W in the Device tab. You may all ready know that IDK.

What it appears to be telling you is you have used to many of these for a Intelligent Function devices refresh. Like you had 10 of them and you set a refresh of 5-25. The thing is though you have no intelligent function modules mounted or in program parameters. 

Intelligent function modules are generally modules that have their own CPU... in a way. Like an analog module or serial comm module. Used to be you had to access the buffer memory to get the data from them but now you can set up refresh parameters into regular devices. 

This answer should explain why I think maybe you need to delete the everything out of the PLC. 

1 person likes this

Hi again, 2 questions ......

You say :-

"I am thinking there is an old Intelligent Function Module setting in there that wont clear unless you run a delete." 

"you need to delete the everything out of the PLC."

How do I do this please?

Also:-

" You can then use these devices just like you would a D. You set up the amount in the PLC Parameters under the PLC File tab they are then ZR, you can assign them to R, D or W in the Device tab. You may all ready know that IDK."

I don't understand the D, ZR, R, D, W.

I have attached a screenshot of the PLC File page of the Parameters. How would I enter the relevant data here please?

Connection Problem Q12H v4.docx

Edited by Neil Winter

First, did removing the CC-Link param fix the error? I will try to give you a few things I would try like reading the Intelligent function settings and deleting everything out. 

So I was worried I would open a can of worms with a try at answering that question .

I will try to clear that up for you. There is a lot of info there that I can not teach in one post and I don't want to tell you something wrong by paraphrasing. I will try to help without telling you anything wrong. I will also give a LINK to some online training that is free that should help you a lot. I would do the Melsec Q series basics class along with the GX works 2 basics.  

D,R,ZR,W are all memory address that are 16 bit words, if you so the training I am linking it will clear all that up for you. 

So file registers are put in a "File" on the memory card, the param tab I mentioned is where you set how big that file is or how many registers you want it to contain.

The QRSET FB you put in the word doc is just to change the name of the above mentioned File. 

I am worrying that this might be a bit deep though. I would focus more on getting the delete done and don't worry about the whole file register thing. If we can clear whatever wants the range that is giving the error you need not worry about the file registers. 

I am going to supply you with a new project that I know is tested good. There will be no logic but it should get your CPU running with no errors. AFTER you run my read and delete procedure I am providing write my project to the PLC and you should be fine after that. If not I don't know what to do. 

Here buddy.docx

Yours.gxw

1 person likes this

One more thing, are you trying to learn Structured or Ladder?  If you just want to learn the easiest logic (Ladder) first use this program instead. Then you wont have to worry about labels and that jazz just some good ol memory based ladder logic. 

Yours2.gxw

1 person likes this

Thanks for all your help Mitsm83.

I have no idea why, but when I turned on the kit to try your fix, there was no error light !!

I hadn't changed anything from the day before. I guess it must be scared of you :)

Having followed your training link, I realise that taking a few steps back is indeed the way to go.

I didn't know what I didn't know and it turns out to be rather a lot.

I will work through the courses as you suggest and will probably be back with another question soon.

Again, many thanks.

2 people like this

A CC-Link master module is a 32 point module. The error you are getting is that your IO addressing is overlapping. So if you have the CC Link module in slot0 addresses allocated to it is 00-1F, hence your first input module in slot 1 should start with IO address 20-2F (16 points).

By looking at your parameter picture the blue IO assignment tab indicates that something is changed from default. I am thinking that the Start XY field is filled out instead of allowing auto allocation. take a look at that tab, if a CC Link module is in slot 0(*0) its start address should be 0000, slot 0(*1) is the QX40(TS) starts with 0020. empty slot requires 16 points so 30 and finally QY-10 is 16 points as well so that starts with 0040.

1 person likes this