denise01

Connect Bluetooth to CSU21-V1 Port via Toolbus

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I normally connect a Parani Bluetooth Dongle to our CJ1M Serial port using Toolbus but we now have to use CJ2M so having to use the one port for something else. I have tried connecting the Dongle to Com port 1 on a CJ1W-SCU21-V1 Communication Card but the port does not seem to recognise Toolbus.

Has anyone ever connected to this?

Thanks

Peter

I've never used a Bluetooth device but I do know the default setting for the SCU21 is Host Link mode. I don't believe it is capable of Toolbus. If you are just trying to connect CX Programmer then change your communications settings to Sysmac Way, 9600, 7, E, 2.

Yeah,

Think it will only connect to the serial Port of the CJ2M using Toolbus so have reconfigured another device to Hostlink using Port 1 SCU21. Dont really understand much about Toolbus just know we get a much higher Baud Rate whereas Host Link is 9600. Think CJ2M a bit of a con with regards to Ports as compared to CJ1M.

Still Cest La Vie

CJ2M ports are identical to CJ1M except USB for programming rather than that PITA of a small connection.

I don't believe it is capable of Toolbus.

Denis is correct.  SCU21 does not support Toolbus, but Sysmac Way will support up to 34000 baud.