Harem scarem

Panelview plus 6 600 not communicating with 5/04

2 posts in this topic

High everyone ,  I need a little advice on setting up DH485 communication with a 5/04 and a panel view plus 600 (2711P-B6C20D8). In the last few days I have read a lot on how too set this up but I have found no resolve. The manual says I  should be using 2711-nc13  cable  from the PVP too channel 0 of the 5/04. I went through and set up a RSlinx OPC server that sees the PLC and the online tags/instructions I have created in my sample program using those tags, setup DH485 serial in rslinx enterprise . But when create and load mer. file to test application I get errors and nothing is changing state on the program I am using.  I am using the DH+ to program PLC . 

PVP is set for serial DH485 com port 1 node 2 the 5/04 is set too DH485 node 5.

I have similar communication setup for a different piece of equipment at my job that uses the 5/04 and PVP (2711P-B6c5A8) but uses two AIC net  module  that utilizes port 1 with CP3 cable for the PLC and the PVP uses port 1 also but uses 2711-nc13 . I have tried this setup but I have had no success.

Any advice would be helpful.

Edited by Harem scarem

Can you see the Panelview in RSLinx? What kind of errors are you getting when you load the mer file, can you post the error description/screenshots.