Paolo_911

Q03 I/O Starting Address Conflict

3 posts in this topic

I'm outlining a new PLC rack design using a Q03UDE PLC and wanted to know if the I/O starting address was configurable. I started a new project inside GXWorks2 and stumbled upon the I/O Assisngment in the Parameters. I would assume that inputs can start at X000 and outputs can start at Y000. However, whenever I choose a starting address of 0000 for the output card it gives me an error telling me that X and Y starting address overlap. Would someone please help me understand how you can choose the I/O starting address and let me know what my options are. How does one know if the addressing is in Hex? Is Hex the standard addressing in Q series PLCs or is this also configurable? I did see that assigning the I/O Assignment is not necessary as the CPU does it automatically. I am wondering what the CPU would automatically assign to these? I am also using an Analog card and wondered what my options are for addressing that also. Would all this be outlined in a manual? 

Starting Address.png

I just browsed through the QnUCPU User's Manual (Function Explanation, Program Funamentals) and noticed that each module must be addressed in sequential address so there can not be any overlap. This seems odd, but I guess that's the way it works. If anyone knows any different please let me know. I am unsure if I would actually start the input card as X000 and the output card as Y000, but am sure this is the way some PLCs (different model I assume) are addressed out on our plant floor. 

Yes the IO are configurable and don;t have to be sequential but they cannot overlap.

If you do not define the IO assignment The CPU will just place one after the other.

As for HEX or DEC IO cards are always a multiple of 16 therefor HEX makes sense. You can check which device is counted in HEX or Dec in your parameter device tab

1 person likes this