Jeppe666

TSX T407 - question on Printer capability

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

Does anyone know of a compatible printer for the TSX T407?

An old PLC conversion is coming up - need to convert a system with 1 x TSX 47-40 as master looking at 4 x TSX 17-24012 slaves.

I have the TSX T407 10 Programmer w. language module TSX TS4 50F (french) for the TSX17 PL7.2 - also have the TSX 17ACC7 adapter for TSX17/ TSX T407 communication and the TSX CTC03 cable (9pin -> 15pin) - communication works well.. even if language is French.

For the conversion and instead of handwriting rung by rung, I would like to Print the TSX17 program logic. I see there is both a 'Transfer to Printer' option in the Programmer and what seems to be a Parallel Port - however initial attempt to print to an old printer failed. I take certain protocol is needed in the printer.

Bonus Question:

For the TSX 47-40 I assume I need to acquire the TSX-TS4-21E language module for TSX 47-40? Anything else to talk to this old sweetheart? Same adapter and cable for the TSX17 works?

Thanks in advance,
JP

Hi Jeppe

Do you have pl7 software? Because this has a built in conversion tool for the old pl7-2 and pl7-3 files. You can convert all the way to unity pro. And from pl7 pro or unity pro you can print the projects

Thanks Hud,

Appreciate the feedback - however, I am still at a stage where I need to extract the source file to a computer. Right just trying to get it out on a printer using the T407 console.

If I could get to a stage where I had the source file and was able to convert, I would be a happy camper :)

Sincerely,

Jeppe

Morning,

The best place for a T407 is in a museum, this tool is completely obsolete nowadays.  What you have to do is to find a virtual image of OS/2 with the XTEL workshop including basically PL7-2 software (for TSX17) and PL7-3 software for TSX 47, 67, 87 or 107. Then you need an RS232 to RS485 converter for the 17 and an RS232 to Current Loop converter for all the rest of the 7 series plcs.  As I said in another message the original converter used by Telemecanique was a Westermo MA-21. Once you have uploaded the programs you will be able either to print it or convert it to the new Schneider plcs as cHud said .  

JC

PS : Here is a drawing of the TSX 17 programming cable : %7Boption%7Dhttp://www.schneider-electric.co.in/library/SCHNEIDER_ELECTRIC/SE_LOCAL/APS/5805_33AE/2.8E10.gif

For all 7 series plcs except 17 using a generic converter : %7Boption%7Dhttp://forum-automatisme.net/download/file.php?id=1263&mode=view

Edited by acpi
need to add a post scriptum

Merci JC,

Thanks for the feedback - I kinda' like the museum piece and still considering to acquire the TSX-TS4-21E language module. Only 1 piece and hopefully I would be in action.

In any case, I trust your advise and will make preparations accordingly. I have software (floppies) with PL7-2, some with XTEL, some with OS2... tried earlier putting everything together but it was a pain to configure and possibly version were off. If I could locate a functioning image I will be super happy. Any idea of where to start looking?

As for the RS232->RS485 I have several converters from different manufacturers. USB and regular com port interface - should take care of the TSX17 aspect.

As for the RS232->Current Loop converter I need to shop around. I do see some Westermo MA-21 out there, but like the little generic converter you included as an example.

Thanks again,
JP